I have been awarded with the Sunshine Blogger Award from Laurie at Let The Light In~Reflections . The Sunshine Award is given by fellow bloggers to other bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. I am so blessed to have Laurie as loyal follower, but also a sweet, sweet, kindred spirit. Her writings are truthful, raw, humorous and real life. She doesn’t sugarcoat her life… she writes from the heart. If you are looking for some heartfelt honest writing… this is Blog for you… go check her out!
Sunshine Blogger Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
1. Name something that makes you happy? Reaching the top of a peak that I didn’t think I could climb.
2. Would you rather live in the city or countryside? The countryside for sure. I detest being in a cramped up city where I smell fumes, garbage, and hear people all day. I would rather be where I can smell the fresh air, dip my feet in the creek, and listen to the birds and other critters.
3. What’s your ultimate inspiration song? I actually have 2. The first is I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor. I have been through a lot and not once have I not come out on top. The second would be Through All Of It by Colton Dixon. Everything I have been through, God has remained faithful through it ALL.
4. Name 1 item on your bucket list. To hike the entire Appalachian Trail. 2,192 miles.. from Georgia to Maine. Crazy I know…but what can I say… I like pain.
5. Do you prefer to write or type? Write…. I LOVE doing things without technology. To me there is something romantic about picking up paper and pen and penning my thoughts. I journal….ALOT.
6. Mountains or Sea? While the sea is magnificent… the mountains have my heart and soul. I was born and raised in the mountains and there is NO where more close to heaven on earth then sitting on top of them realizing just how small I truly am.
7. What is something you do to relieve stress? I write and I hike. And I do both VERY frequent.
8. What is your happy color? Green…. reminds me of my mountains. 🙂
9. If you visit a new place or country what is the first thing you would do? Look for something to eat!!!! Priorities!!!!
10.What is one thing you cannot live without? My water bottle. I ALWAYS have a water bottle with me…ALWAYS. I panic if I leave one somewhere. I collect Nalgene bottles and they are covered in bumper stickers from places I have hiked or visited. I am constantly drinking water. Sometimes my coworkers like to hide my water bottles to give me panic attacks.
11. Who do you look up to? My mama. She raised two daughters on her own, while working her tail off, yet she never missed any recital, ballgame, parent teacher conference, or play. She has ALWAYS been there. She has taught my sister and I that you NEVER give up, and you ALWAYS get up when you fall. She is my hero.
- Suze at Obsolete Childhood This gal is my spirit animal! If you ever are having a bad day and need a pick me up… Suze is the Blogger for you. Oh my gosh… this woman is totally nutso, but you will absolutely fall in love with her. She makes all my days sunny!
- Southern By Design this is a wonderful blog I have recently found, and every time I visit, I instantly drawn into her enchanting charm.
- Bee Organized With Pamela – another delightful Blog I have just discovered. Lots of fun and exciting ideas to de-clutter your life and trust me… this bring lots of sunshine my way!!!!
S0… as you can see… I cheated. I am only nominating three Bloggers. Each of these Blogs are gems in our Blogging community… so settle in, have a cup of coffee, and give them a read.
You three are under no obligation to accept this nomination but please know you have been an inspiration. If you accept, I ask you to answer any five questions from the list. You can answer all, but if not, please choose five. Also, please pass on the nomination to at least five other bloggers whom you admire.
Keep Spreading the Sunshine!!!!