So it is finally here… the VERY thing you have been waiting for. Yes folks, it is Christmas in August. Today you will find out 25 things all about ME. Special shout out to Suze over at Suziland for the inspiration. If you have not checked her out.. DO SO NOW… but go to the potty first because she will make you pee on yourself. 🙂
According to Suze I am supposed to share 25 things about myself…. so here it goes……..
- I am a NATURAL redhead. It’s true. For years I HATED my ginger locks, but once I noticed that everyone was trying desperately to dye their hair my color, I knew I must be something special.
- I am just a little over 5 ft tall, yes I am wee thing, but don’t let that fool ya. I’m pretty strong and mighty when I need to be. I’ve had all the nick names- Shorty, Midget, Munchin…. It’s all good. I have mastered the art of climbing and reaching to get what I need.
- I have one sister who is 3.5 year younger then me….but since I was 18 everyone has thought she was the oldest. It is perfect…. even though my sister HATES it. 🙂
- I have watched Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky IV, a collective 1500 times… no lie. I am a HUGE Rocky fan. I am the champ on several online trivia sites. Yep.. it’s a real thing.
- I collect Children’s books. I taught Pre-K for 15 years and I have quiet the collection. Even though I am single, 41, and have NO children, I like to read my books every now and then. You can learn a lot about life from reading a children’s book.
- I am a PBS Nerd. I love the documentaries, and NEVER miss an episode of Masterpiece Theater. While other ladies my age are watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey, I’m totally crushing on Benedict Cumberbatch as he portrays Sherlock Holmes. I am also still VERY bitter over the end of Downton Abbey.
- I have hiked 326 miles since February 20 of this year. That is every Saturday, only missing 3 weekends total. I only started to out to hike 100 miles this year, but I started and couldn’t stop. There are 900 miles to hike in the Smokies and I intend to hike everyone of them. So only 574 miles to go!
- I have a crazy dream of hiking the entire Appalachian Trail. If you don’t know what that is… it’s walking from Georgia to Maine. 2,192 miles. I have a crazy sense of adventure, so why not hike 2000 miles through 14 states. My hope is to begin in March of 2018.
- At the age of 38, I had a nervous breakdown and walked out of the only job I had ever known… teaching. I thought I would die not being in a classroom. While the exit wasn’t pretty, it ended up being one of the biggest blessings of my life.
- I have a 14 year old mutt named Ellie who I treat like a child. She honestly is my best friend. I talk to her like she understands me, and I totally believe she does. I like hanging out with her better then I like most people.
- I sometimes eat ice cream for breakfast and dinner. Don’t judge.
- Typically I read 2-3 books a week. I’m a big nerd. I read all kinds of stuff. Agatha Christie mysteries are my favorite…however I have recently became obsessed with the OUTLANDER series and spend all my time dreaming of a Scot named Jamie. ***SIGH****
- I am a huge Elvis fan and have done the Annual candlelight vigil at Graceland. No other voice can quiet move me like the King.
- When Karate Kid II came out in the 80’s I went every day for a week to see it. I had the hots for Ralph Macchio and totally dreamed of him coming to save my honor. I’m still waiting Ralph!!!
- While we are talking about obsessions, my current one is Clay Matthews, Linebacker for the Green Bay Packers. Sure, he is way too young for me, but DANG…. he sure is fine to look at.
- I don’t drink, smoke, chew or go with boys who do. It’s true…. I have enough help on my own getting in trouble without the assistance of alcohol or tobacco. Some frown on me for my convictions and beliefs, but hey! To each his own!
- I have a summer television addiction of watching Big Brother… horrible I know. There is just something about these folks all living in the same house and forming alliances and booting each other out that just sucks me in…each and every summer.
- I am deathly afraid of needles. I HATE them. When I was 10 I had to go to the doctor where my mother was a nurse. When I found out I had to have a shot I ran out the door and down the street. It took 3 nurses to drag me back inside. I am not much braver at 41.
- I am usually in bed by 8 pm EVERY night. I can’t help it. I love sleep. While I sit at my desk at work I daydream about sleep. I’m sure by the time I am 70 I’ll do good to stay up past 6pm.
- I have an obsession with Mexican Food… seriously… I want it all the time. Tacos and chips and salsa are my crack.
- I often stand in two states at one time. It is not hard to do when you pretty much live on the Tennessee/NC line. 🙂
- I once caught my hair on fire while trying to listen to the sound of a match. While I am highly intelligent, my common sense is totally lacking.
- I slept on the same feather pillow for 35 years. I loved my pillow, until I watched a documentary on dust mites and well….it was disgusting. I will probably die from some dust mite fungal disease.
- I am a DIE HARD Tennessee VOLS fan! I believe there is no other conference other then the SEC, and I LOVE wearing orange!!!!!
- I can still pass for a 16 year old. Last Fall I was asked out by the checkout boy at the grocery store. He asked if my parents let me date college guys….. I told him I would ask them the next weekend when I visited them in the home. 🙂
Well there you have it… all the ingredients that make me… me. So… tell me about you! I sure would like to know.