Well, I was nominated once again for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you so much BEXoxox Blog for the shout out and nomination! A while back I said I wasn’t going to participate in any more of these awards, but you know what????? Someone took the time to read something I wrote and they liked it! They thought enough of my words to recognize me and give me a shout out, so I in turn accept the nomination and proudly display for all to see. 🙂 Now, awards aren’t for everyone, so if you don’t accept…hey that’s fine too. 🙂
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to a blogger who brings inspiration and positivity to their readers and followers. Though my subject mater is not the easiest to read, I hope that my story does in fact inspire others to share their own story, good or bad. Writing about my experience has been trying at times, but its also very liberating.
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate fellow bloggers you follow.
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
1. Have you ever been fired from a job?
No. I did have a nervous breakdown 3 years ago and walked away from my teaching job. NOT my best moment. But I have learned a lot from it.
2. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
I actually went this past weekend and saw SULLY. If you have not seen this, go NOW. The fact he landed that plane in the Hudson River as calmly and in control as he did, saving all 155 people on board….AMAZING! I say, Sully for President!
3 What has happened to you as a result of blogging?
Opportunities have literally plopped down at my feet. I have had Posts shared all around the world and on some leading Hiking sites I follow. I have also found kindred spirits who understand my need to express my thoughts through writing. Even if I don’t agree with another Blogger, we agree to disagree be adults and move on. Much more fun then social media!
4. What is a bad habit you have that you wish to correct?
I take lots of selfies. 🙂 Maybe it is not terrible habit, but I do need to get it under control. 🙂
5. Where do you enjoy blogging the most? At home on the couch? At a local coffee shop sipping a specialty drink?
Where ever I have access. I write all the time. I write in notebooks and then usually type them out later.
6. What is your favorite gift you have ever received?
My fur baby Ellie. My mom paid her adoption fee 14 years ago. She is my best buddy and we do everything together.
7. Have you ever experienced something close to being in a fairytale?
No. I am still waiting on Prince Charming to show up on the white horse. I think he got lost.
8. If you could have a meal with anyone (alive or otherwise) and pick their brain, who would it be and why?
I would love to sit and talk with Emma Gatewood. She was the first lady to hike the Appalachian Trail. She was also the first person to do so 3 times. Her first time did not even happen until she was 65 years old. She was a trail blazer for women in the hiking community, and I would love to ask her for some sage and sound advice.
9. What is #1 on your bucket list?
10. Have you experienced being in love? If so, what was the moment you knew you were in love?
Yes, but not in the way you might think. I am absolutely in love with Jesus. My faith has gotten me through some of my darkest days….and let me just tell you…they have been dark. I have been a Christian since the age of 8, but it wasn’t until 3 years ago when my world collapsed around me, did I realize what LOVE truly is. Locking myself in my house, ready to end it all, I had the first conversation with God I had ever had. He became VERY real to me and made Himself known to me through the faces of friends and family. He gave His life for me, so I live fully for Him.
I am actually nominating two bloggers….
Suze over at Obsolete Childhood (I know she has done this before, but I really think she’s cool and that more people need to read her. I may not always agree with her, but Suze’s goal is to make you laugh. You forget how cruddy our world is for just a few minutes and you can read a real, HONEST, account of life. She talks about the hard times and how she has overcome some big obstacles. She is just a ray of SUNSHINE in this dark world. Just go potty before you go over there… she has a tendency to make you pee your pants. Gosh I can’t wait to read her answers!
I am also nominating Laurie at Let The Light In Reflections Laurie is one of the purest of heart Bloggers out there. She is real with her emotions and there are times I feel like I have gotten a big hug after I have finished reading her post. There have been days I have been so down, and I have read one of Laurie’s post and the clouds lifted and I am reminded, it is ok to not feel ok sometimes. She is totally different then Suze, but her light humor, and realness are two things I admire in a good writer.
Even if these two ladies chose not to accept the nomination…PLEASE check them out. You will not be disappointed.
- What is your favorite place that you’ve travelled so far?
- Have you ever been scuba diving? If not, would you try it? .
- What is your least favorite food?
- Socks and sandals, fashion crime or completely acceptable?
- What’s the craziest experience you’ve had to date?
- Favorite childhood memory?
- You get your bill at a restaurant and realize they’ve forgot something on it, what do you do?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- How many (and which) languages do you know? Fluent, partial or learning?
- Which place do you absolutely HAVE TO visit before you die? (Try to pick somewhere you haven’t already been)